- Top 10 in demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004
- We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist…using technologies that haven’t been invented yet…
- According the U.S. Department of labor a student today will have 10-14 jobs by their 38th birthday
- 1 in 4 workers has been with their current employer less than one year.
- 1 in 2 workers has been with their current employer less than five years.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. in 2005 met…online
- If MySpace were a country…it would be the 5th largest in the world
- More than 3,000 books were published…today
- A week’s worth of New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in a lifetime in the 18th century
- 4 exabytes of unique information will be generated this year…that is more than the previous 5,000 years
- The amount of new technical information is doubling every 2 years…for students starting a 4 year technical degree this means that half of what they learn in their first year of study will be outdated by their third year of study.
- The amount of technical information is doubling every two years. By 2010, it’s predicted to double every 72 hours
- We are living in exponential times…
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein